Belarusian President Alexander Lukashenko addressed his security council Tuesday with a map of what appears to be Russia’s plan to invade Ukraine, according to Insider.
The video shared by Belarusian journalist Tadeusz Giczan on social media shows Lukashenko pointing to a map of Ukraine divided into four parts of its operational command and shows Russian attacks from Belarus, along Ukraine’s eastern border, and from Crimea.
“I thank these guys!” Lukashenko said although it is unclear who he was referring to. “They warned us, and literally, six hours before the launch of the missiles, we discovered this, and the Russians… Iskanders [tactical missile system] were located here, right?”
“In the Mazyr area,” Lukashenko continued, referring to the Belarusian city. “We hit these rockets, these positions. And we haven’t seen them afterward. During the offensive of the Russians in Ukraine, we already did not see them from the position. That’s why I’m saying, yes, we have made launches from the territory of Belarus and I told frankly which positions we targeted. Sit down.”
On Tuesday, the Ukrainian parliament confirmed there are Belarusian troops in Ukraine.
However, US defense officials said there was “no confirmation that the Belarusians are entering Ukraine,” adding “we’ve seen no indication of that.”
The map shows Russian troops attacks in Ukraine which had already taken place and outline future plans such as attacking the city of Dnipro and Cherkasy. There also appears to be plans to attack the city of Zhytomyr via Kyiv.
Lukashenko’s map also shows troop movements into Moldova for the first time from the Ukrainian port city of Odessa, suggesting that Russia plans to invade the country next.
It is the strongest signal yet that Lukashenko plans to help Putin invade Ukraine despite repeated denials in the past. Hours earlier, Lukashenko told state news media that his country’s troops were not joining Russia in its assault on Ukraine, Insider noted.