Far right social media platform, Parler is back online after one month absence.

Parler is back online after one month absence.

Far right social media Twitter alternative Parler has relaunched after one month offline, according to The Verge.

For now, the site is only accessible for users with existing accounts, though their posts are no longer available. New users will be able to join the site starting next week. Parler also announced a new interim CEO: Mark Meckler, who previously cofounded the right-wing group Tea Party Patriots.



“When Parler was taken offline in January by those who desire to silence tens of millions of Americans, our team came together, determined to keep our promise to our highly engaged community that we would return stronger than ever,” Meckler said.

“Parler is being run by an experienced team and is here to stay. We will thrive as the premier social media platform dedicated to free speech, privacy and civil dialogue,” he added.



While Parler says it is politically unaffiliated the site, with it’s lax content moderation policy, has become a haven for right wing actors who were banned from other mainstream social media sites.

Parler was suspended from Amazon’s web hosting services and Apple’s App Store after the Jan. 6 Capitol riots, when it was found to be one of the sites that right wing groups used to recruit and plan for the deadly siege.



Even though Parler relaunched with what a press release calls “robust, sustainable, independent technology” there are still some problems. Apple and Google haven’t restored its app to their stores and they are still searching for a new CEO after the board fired former CEO John Matze.