Former RNC chair slams NY appeals court decision reducing Trump’s bond: “This makes absolutely no sense.”

Donald Trump says he is “entitled to personal attacks” against Kamala Harris.

Former Republican National Committee chairman Michael Steele criticized the New York appeals court ruling reducing Donald Trump’s bond in his civil fraud case and extending the deadline.

The state Appellate Division judges reduced the initial bond amount by more than a half to $175 million, down from the $464 million and gave the former president 10 days to pay.

“Yet again, @realDonaldTrump gets special treatment with his own private system of justice,” Steele wrote in a post on X/Twitter.

“The NY Appeals Court has decided to give Trump more time to pay less money by reducing his bond from $454M to $175 and giving him 10 days to get the money,” he continued. “This makes absolutely no sense.”

The ruling is a victory for Trump whose lawyers argued in a filing last week that coming up with the $464 million bond was a “practical impossibility.”

Trump said Monday that he will pay the $175 million bond set by the court.

A spokesperson for New York Attorney General Letitia James said, “Donald Trump is still facing accountability for his staggering fraud.”

“The court has already found that he engaged in years of fraud to falsely inflate his net worth and unjustly enrich himself, his family, and his organization,” James’ spokesperson said.

“The $464 million judgment – plus interest – against Donald Trump and the other defendants still stands.”