Fox News cuts off Peter Navarro’s prison press conference, offers instant fact check.

Fox News cuts off Peter Navarro's prison press conference, offers instant fact check.

Fox News cut off former Trump adviser Peter Navarro last prison conference before he turned himself in on Tuesday and immediately fact-checked him.

Navarro was sentenced to 4 months in prison earlier this year for contempt of Congress after he refused to provide documents and testimony to congressional investigators probing the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol. 

He surrendered to authorities Tuesday at the Federal Correctional Institution Miami after the Supreme Court denied this bid to stay out of jail.

At a press conference before his surrender, Navarro railed against the charges, calling them  “alleged crime” and still arguing that his testimony was covered by privilege despite that claim being rejected by the courts.

Guest host of Fox News The Faulkner Focus, Sandra Smith, cut off Navarro mid-rant.

“He began by saying, ‘not about me.’ He said, ‘this is about a crippling blow to the justice system’. To fact-check there. It is no longer an alleged crime that he’ll be serving this four-month sentence for. He has obviously been convicted, and there was no evidence that did, that would have excluded him, per executive privilege, from testifying,” Smith said.

“So John Roberts just on Monday refused to delay his prison time. He continues to appeal his conviction, Peter Navarro, for refusing to testify before Congress for his involvement in efforts to overturn the 2020 presidential election,” she added.