Rep. Nancy Mace (R-SC) said Thursday that she is supporting the adjudicated rapist on the ballot this November because he will protect ‘survivors of rape.’
“I’m voting for Donald Trump because I am a woman,” Mace told Fox News host Neil Cavuto.
Mace, a sexual assault survivor, added that she wanted to vote for a candidate who would protect “women like me, who are survivors of rape. I want to vote for someone who will protect….victims of incest and single mothers.”
“I’m voting for Donald Trump because I want to be sure that biological men aren’t in the locker room showering next to my underage daughter,” she added. “I want to make sure men aren’t stealing women’s achievements in sports or academics or their scholarships, and that’s why, as a woman, I support Donald Trump.”
Last May, a jury found Trump liable for sexually abusing and defaming writer E.Jean Carroll.
Judge Lewis Kaplan later clarified that Trump raped Carroll in a ruling denying the former president’s request for a new trial.
“The finding that Ms. Carroll failed to prove that she was ‘raped’ within the meaning of the New York Penal Law does not mean that she failed to prove that Mr. Trump ‘raped’ her as many people commonly understand the word ‘rape,’” Kaplan wrote. “Indeed, as the evidence at trial recounted below makes clear, the jury found that Mr. Trump in fact did exactly that.”
Earlier this year, Mace clashed with ABC’s George Stephanopoulos after the host pressed her on her support for Trump despite the ruling.
“I was raped at the age of 16,” Mace said. “And any rape victim will tell you — I’ve lived for 30 years with an incredible amount of shame over being raped. I didn’t come forward because of that judgment and shame that I felt. And it’s a shame that you will never feel, George. And I’m not going to sit here on your show and be asked a question meant to shame me about another, potential rape victim.”
Trump filed a defamation lawsuit against ABC News and Stephanopoulos since the interview arguing that he was never found liable for rape.