Tuesday, August 18, 2026
Vol. VIII
Est. 2019

The Mind Shield

News · Opinion · Politics · Analysis

White House defends Trump voting by mail in Florida Republican primary.

White House defends Trump voting by mail in Florida Republican primary.
WASHINGTON, DC - MARCH 01: U.S. President Donald Trump participates in a meeting with leaders of the steel industry at the White House March 1, 2018 in Washington, DC. Trump announced planned tariffs on imported steel and aluminum during the meeting, with details to be released at a later date. Photo by Win McNamee/Getty Images.

The White House defended Donald Trump casting his vote by mail in the Florida Republican primary despite years-long false claims that mail-in voting is susceptible to fraud.

“As President ​Trump has said, the SAVE America Act has ​commonsense exceptions for Americans to use mail-in ⁠ballots for illness, disability, military, or travel – but ​universal mail-in voting should not be allowed because ​it’s highly susceptible to fraud,” White House spokeswoman Olivia Wales said, according to Reuters.

“As everyone knows, the President is a resident of Palm Beach and participates in Florida elections, but he obviously primarily lives at the White House in Washington, D.C,” Wales added.

Trump voted by mail in Florida’s Republican primary, Politico reports, citing Palm Beach County voting records. It is at least the third time Trump has voted by mail while trying to curb mail-in voting for others, falsely claiming that the process is rife with fraud.

Trump has repeatedly criticized mail-in voting, falsely claiming that his 2020 election defeat was the result of widespread voter fraud from mail-in voting.

Earlier this year, he signed an executive order to restrict the use of mail-in ballots in the upcoming November midterms. The order gave states until 60 days before the Nov. 3 midterms to notify the U.S. Postal Service if they intend to submit a list of eligible voters before allowing eligible residents to receive mail-in or absentee ballots.

But U.S. District Judge Indira Talwani ruled in June that Trump’s order did not apply in 20-plus Democratic-led states, nullifying the order, according to The Hill.