Bodycam footage of Paul Pelosi attack released.

Video of Paul Pelosi attack released.

The video of the attack on Nancy Pelosi’s husband, Paul Pelosi, at the couple’s home in San Francisco, California last year was released on Friday.

The video of officers’ bodycam footage was released after the San Francisco Superior Court ruled that the district attorney’s office must make the materials public, according to CNN.

The video shows officers arriving at the Pelosis home in the early morning hours of October 28 and knocking on the door.


Paul Pelosi and the attacker, David DePape both appear to be holding on to a hammer when Pelosi opened the door to the officers.

“Hi, how are you doing?” an officer says. “What’s going on, man?” 

“Everything’s good,” DePape responds. 

“Drop the hammer,” the officer says.

“Uh, nope,” DePape responds before grabbing the hammer out of Pelosi’s hand and hitting him in the head.


The officers ran inside the home subduing DePape and placed him in handcuffs. Pelosi is seen laying face down on the ground.

Pelosi suffered a skull fracture and several injuries to his arm and hand.

DePape has pleaded not guilty to several state charges including assault with a deadly weapon, elder abuse, residential burglary, false imprisonment and threatening a public official, according to NBC News.