The Biden campaign on Thursday rejected Donald Trump’s demand to delay the debates after the Commission on Presidential Debates announced Thursday that the October 15 debate will be virtual due to Trump’s coronavirus diagnosis.
“We accepted the three dates — Sept. 29, Oct. 15, and Oct. 22 — in June,” Biden Campaign Manager Kate Beddingfield said in a statement. “Trump chose today to pull out of the October 15th debate. Trump’s erratic behavior does not allow him to rewrite the calendar, and pick new dates of his choosing.”
Earlier on Thursday, Trump told Fox News that he was “not going to waste” his time on a virtual debate. Instead of attending the debate, Trump plans to hold a rally.