The special master reviewing documents that the FBI retrieved from Mar-a-Lago during the search last month is asking Donald Trump’s legal team for evidence that the FBI planted evidence during the search.
Judge Raymond Dearie who was appointed after his name was out forth by Trump, told the former president’s attorneys that they have until September 30 to submit a declaration or affidavit that includes “a list of any specific items set forth” in the FBI’s inventory of items removed from Mar-a-Lago that Trump “asserts were not seized from the Premises on August 8, 2022.”
Trump initially suggested that the FBI planted evidence in August 10, two days after the search.
“Everyone was asked to leave the premises, they wanted to be alone. Without any witnesses to see what they were doing, taking or, hopefully not, ‘planting,'” Trump wrote I’m a post on his social media app, Truth Social on August 10.
He insinuated that the FBI planted evidence again as recently as Wednesday during a sit down interview with Fox News’ Sean Hannity.
“The problem that you have is they go into rooms — they won’t let anybody near — they wouldn’t even let them in the same building. Did they drop anything on those piles? Or did they do it later?” he said.